AllBinos.com

Binoculars

There are 1920 binoculars in our database and 558 owners opinions.

You can also
compare binoculars side-by-side

Search by:

Kowa BD 8x32 XD Prominar

Manufacturer data

Manufacturer:

Kowa
web site

Distribution / Sales:

Ecotone
web site
Specifications
Manufacturer Kowa
Model BD 8x32 XD Prominar
Lens diameter [mm] 32
Magnification [x] 8
Angular field of view [deg] 7.5
Linear field of view [m/m] 131/1000
Exit pupil [mm] 4
Eye relief [mm] 17
Min. focusing dist. [m] 1.5
Twilight factor 16
Brightness 16
Prisms BaK-4/roof
Dimensions [mm] 122.5x118.5x47.5
Weight [g] 560
Waterproof Yes
Nitogen filling Yes
Argon filling No
Image stabilization No
Tripod exit Yes
Focusing central
Warranty [years] 10
Accesories
Price 1289
Additional information
Average rating (1 owners reviews)
Build quality
Optical quality
Accesories and usage
Value for money

Overall

4.00 Good
Owners reviews (1)
  1. tjshot
    tjshot 15 December 2017, 17:07
    Build quality
    Optical quality
    Accesories and usage
    Value for money

    Overall

    IP 5.87.x.x
    Owner since: 3 months
    Price: 380 eu
    User profile: Amateur

    Cons: - Plastic focus knob feels cheap and could be smoother; gets better after a few months of use though. - Diopter adjustment is a bit stiff and feels cheap.

    Pros: Very light and great ergonomics. Optical performance unexpectedly good: - very usable eye relief, even with glasses: the stated 17 mm feels better than most of the competition in this range. No kidney bean effect even when scanning with the eyes to the very periphery of the field. - Sharp to 80% of the field, but field curvature is visible and affects the remaining 20%: it can be refocused to a very sharp image even in the very border. A correct IPD setting is of paramount importance to \"sinchronize\" the field of sharp focus on both barrels. - Very low astigmatism and coma, stars are pin sharp to 80% of the field, then mild \"sparkling\" effect and minimum deformation. - Extremely good control of chromatic aberrations: minimal up to 80% of the filed, then moderate (I suspect due to field curvature) - Very good control of stray light.

    Summary: A very good performer in this price range. Very good control of optical aberrations in a wide sharp field but some field curvature to be accounted for when setting IPD to benefit of best possible sharpness. As per many other binos in the entry level range, contrast is the only aspect which sets this bino back compared to \"over-1000-euros\" ones: the difference to my Leica Trinovid and Minox HG is visible, more so compared to the top of the range offerings from Swarovski and Zeiss.